Posted Date: 09/22/2020
PRESIDIO HIGH SCHOOL DRESS CODE
IN PERSON CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION
PANTS / SLACKS FOR STUDENTS
Jeans / Pants: No holes or frayed areas above the knees.
Spandex or exercise leggings can be worn with a long tunic which reaches at least mid- thigh length. (not falling to show undergarments)
Pants must be worn at the natural waistline
SHIRTS / T-SHIRTS FOR STUDENTS
-Must cover the shoulders and be at the collar bone line. No low cut tops, midriffs or muscle shirts.
-Top hem line must fall naturally BELOW the belt line upon standing up straight.
- Need to facilitate walking outside in the field when the emergency protocol is followed.
- Caps, visors, or headwear may not be worn in the building.
-Sunglasses are permitted in the building when prescribed by a doctor. Submit a note to the school at least 24 hours prior to wearing sunglasses.
- Face masks are required upon entering the building and during class everyday. Face shields are encouraged. Avoid using masks that are distracting. Failure to wear a mask on the bus, or in the building will result in disciplinary action.
- Should not disrupt the learning environment and or safety of others.
School issued Identifications
- All students must always wear their current picture identification (ID) badges during the school day on a visible location (i.e. on t-shirt or hanging from the lanyard).
o Students who do not have their ID will need to report to the office.
o Lunch detention is assigned to students without an ID. (WHEN APPLICABLE)
- Students need to purchase a new ID ($5.00) when they cannot find the current school year issued at the beginning of the year and must submit the original ID when found.
Unacceptable Clothing and Accessories include the following:
• Clothing with pictures, emblems, writings, or slogans that are lewd, offensive, vulgar, obscene, provocative, or that convey hate messages or racially, religiously, or ethnically demeaning messages.
• Apparel or accessories that depict tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, drugs or any other dangerous, prohibited, or controlled substance.
• Attire or grooming that identifies, condones, depicts, or promotes a student as part of an unauthorized group, such as a gang or other delinquent group.
• Clothing or accessories that promote violence, weapons, bombs, illegal acts, or anything that could be construed as provocative or offensive or otherwise distract from the learning environment, as determined by the principal.
• Bedroom attire (pajamas, slippers, etc.)
• Clothing that is too tight or revealing such as spandex / lycra unless worn with a dress, skirt, or tunic (using standards that are applied to shorts, skirts, and skorts.) • Shorts, dress, skirts/skorts can not be shorter than two (2) inches above the knees. • Visible undergarments.
Dress code is in effect beginning the first day of school for all returning students. New students to Presidio ISD will have ten (10) days to comply with the dress code.
Dress code may be regulated in accordance with a sponsor, coach, or other person in charge of extracurricular activities and in consultation with the principal.
When the principal or instructor determines that a student’s grooming or clothing violates the school’s dress code, the student will be given an opportunity to correct the problem at school. If not corrected, a parent or designee will need to bring an acceptable change of clothing to the school. Repeated offenses may result in more serious disciplinary action in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct.
Wednesday - College shirt day
FRIDAY - Blue Devil Spirit day