PISD has been designated by Texas Educational Agency as a Provisional Early College.
ECHS which is an extraordinary opportunity for PISD students and parents. The creation of ECHS allows students least likely to attend college an opportunity receive both a high school diploma and either an associate degree or at least 60 credit hours toward a baccalaureate degree.
Information and purpose of Early College High School:
- Enroll historically underserved students, targeting at-risk and economically disadvantaged students.
- Provide dual credit at no cost to students.
- Offer rigorous instruction and accelerated courses.
- Provide academic and social support services to help students succeed.
- Provide students with highly personalized attention.
- Increase college readiness.
- Partner with Texas institutions of higher education (IHEs) to reduce barriers to college access.
- Will save students two years of college and parents thousands of dollars in college related expenditures.
Click here to view and download application.
Presidio High School: 432.229.1100
Estefania Lozano – Facilitator; firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: 432.229.1537
Hevila Ramos – PHS Principal; email@example.com; Phone: 432.229.1100
Student and Parent Resources for Career Planning: